I just love old recipes, don’t you? Sometimes, they can be fairly complicated, especially when they use vintage cooking terms. Others, like this one for Minced Eggs, can be so simple they hardly seem like trying.
The good news is – this on IS worth trying!
It’s a great recipe because it utilizes ingredients we almost always have on hand. If you’re a homesteader or know someone who has chickens, recipes that use eggs are super awesome.
Personally, I have a family member who shares their egg abundance with me. I absolutely LOVE that, and I love eggs. However, I have found myself wondering what to do with the number of eggs that I have.
Luckily, there are recipes like this one, and others I’ll be sharing in the future. Some might even surprise you, so be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a single post!
I had no idea you could do so much with eggs! Furthermore, I have to admit, I love just about anything in a cream sauce. So this recipe is particularly near and dear to my heart!
Now, add in the fact that you can add your preference of added flavors, and you’ve got a definite winner! Personally, I enjoy adding garlic to everything, as well as a little shredded onion. Just remember that adding “too much” can take away from the overall “egginess” of the dish.
Some might prefer that. I know my daughter doesn’t care for the smell of eggs, so she doesn’t eat them very often. However, when the scent is masked, it’s not so bad for her.
So by all means, enjoy this recipe!
If you try it, please remember to drop a comment and let me know how it turned out for you. And feel free, as always, to share!
- 4 eggs hard boiled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp flour
- Hard boil 4 eggs, peel, and mince, but not too fine.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup of milk, 1 tbsp of butter, salt, and pepper. Bring this to a boil and immediately add in 1 tbsp of flour that has been mixed with a small amount of cold milk.
- Once the mixture thickens, add in the minced eggs and stir gently until well combined.
- Serve immediately with toast.
- *NOTE: Many different flavors can be added, such as mushrooms, truffles, shredded onion or anything else you prefer. Just make sure your additions are not too overpowering.